Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Transfer Tomorrow

Wow! How is it March already?
We found out last week that my transfer will actually be tomorrow which is Thursday, March 2nd. No explanation to the reason but I am just following God's lead on this one.
This past weekend I added in a progesterone suppository to the other medications and last night was the first night we added in a progesterone in oil injection. This is an injection I will have to have nightly for an undetermined amount of time. It may be a few weeks or for the whole first trimester.
The clinic supplied a teaching video so that Dan could learn how to administer it. We also contacted my Uncle Larry to come supervise and make sure we did it right the first time. Thanks for your help!
The shot is taken in the backside and went perfectly. Very little discomfort for the injection but I woke up pretty sore today (similar to after a vaccination shot). No big deal at all!
I sent this picture to the Intended Mother (IM) and she laughed and said she's never met someone so excited for a shot to the rear end before! She's right! I am excited!!

Since the date has been moved a few times, my best friend, Danielle, will actually accompany me tomorrow to the appointment. Dan had planned on going on the 28th and then cleared his schedule at work again when it was moved to the 1st. He had a lot of meetings on the 2nd so he can't make the trip this time. It is interesting how everything works out though. As much as I want Dan there, it is very cool that Danielle gets to go. After all, she is the reason I was interested in this process. She was the voice behind infertility. I am so excited for the IM and Danielle to meet too!

So, tomorrow at 12:15 is transfer! We will then have a blood test the following Friday to determine if the embryo "stuck."

If you would like, please join me in some prayers. That God's will will be fulfilled through this process, whatever that might be. For calmness for the IM and IF as they transfer their one and only embryo to me. For faith, that my body can do what it is good at (having babies). And for wisdom for the physicians. That the placement of the embryo is perfect and the medications are just right!

See you on the other side!


No comments:

Post a Comment