Wednesday, November 8, 2017

39 Weeks!

I started this journey a long time ago. It was on my heart for a long time. Then Dan joined me in prayer about it for over a year before we found an agency we liked. On October 24th of last year, I applied to be a gestational surrogate. Today, one year ago, on November 8th we officially matched with E and P. The day before, Dan and I had been handed their profile and we knew instantly we were a great match. We took the profile home to "think about" but we already knew. We knew that if you were to pick two couples who were the perfect match we were them. Honestly, check out our wedding photos...
It's amazing how similar we all are. It has made this journey truly special and one that I will never take for granted. So much has happened in the past year. Here is a recap by numbers:

-One single embryo!
-4 Medicines 
(I was on 4 different types of hormones and meds to get this little girl to stick in my uterus)
-9 Ultrasounds
-14 Blood draws
-39 Injections to my backside

And this doesn't include all of the blood draws, injections, and procedures that E and P had to go through to get the embryo! 


We have all worked so hard to get to this point. On Monday, it will be day 371 since that profile was placed in our hands. And we are so thankful everyday for such a wonderful friendship that has formed! We are thankful for the trials that brought us to that day last November. For the delays in both families that prolong the process so that we could match. For the faith we had in each other. For the support we each had individually and for one another. 


So... We did it! We have officially made it to 39 weeks. Baby is fully baked and ready to meet her mom and dad! We have 5 more sleeps until I am induced (Monday morning)!

The parents are planning on arriving Sunday mid-day so that we can relax for a while. They will be heading to a hotel to attempt a good nights sleep before we are admitted on Monday at 6 am! I can't believe this time is finally here! Until then, I plan on walking A TON and bouncing on my yoga ball in an attempt to help labor progress! Here's me bouncing yesterday! :) It is surprisingly difficult to take a selfie while 39 weeks pregnant and bouncing on a ball haha!

I will update after the birth and once all of the parent's family has been notified! If you could join us in prayer though for a smooth and healthy delivery. For the doctor's wisdom, for grace and patience for me, and for a healthy baby girl! 

Thank you all for all of your support over the past year. We all truly could not have done it without our villages! 



No comments:

Post a Comment