Tuesday, April 4, 2017

A Heartbeat and Medical Release

I feel like all of March I have been playing catch up!
It has been a crazy and busy March but one I will remember forever!

It is hard to think that transfer was only just over a month ago and here we are with baby girl safely growing inside me!

Last Monday, March 27th, I had an ultrasound and blood work done here in Normal. Baby girl's parents were on vacation so it was much easier than driving up to Naperville to be monitored. The ultrasound detected a heartbeat which was AMAZING! Her little heart was just fluttering away at 130 bpm. The ultrasound showed a yolk sac and a fetal pole which is the next big step!
She was measuring around 6 weeks and 1 day. That was a little shy of the current due date, but the tech told me that at this stage they are so little that measurements can be slightly off.

Today, April 4th, I went for another ultrasound and some more blood work to check on her status. Official results have not been sent to me but things look great! She is now measuring at 7 weeks 3 days (again just shy of the due date measurement but that's not a problem!) Her heartbeat is steady (I forgot to ask what it was but my report will tell me tomorrow).

She's still just a blob, but is slowly getting bigger and is currently taking on a bean shape. I haven't come up with a "name" for my belly buddy yet, but I throw quite a few out there during the day. They currently include: jellybean, bean, nugget, peanut, baby fetus, and blob.

Tomorrow, I will receive instructions about being released back to my OB here in Normal and weaning off of the MANY medications I am on! I will not be sad to see those injections go! We are currently at 37 injections so far!

Hopefully, I will have more to update soon. I will likely be seeing my OB in the next two weeks, but hopefully it is quiet until then! At this point, no news is good news!

Thanks for all of your prayers and love! We can sure feel it!





No comments:

Post a Comment