Wednesday, July 26, 2017

24 Weeks!

Today we officially are 24 weeks along! This was always a big milestone for my kids as there is a huge increase in viability at this stage! The relief this morning when I awoke was no different thank with my own. We are still doing great and baby girl is growing right on track but it's always good to know when she can survive thanks to modern day medicine!
Last week I went for my routine check up and all looked well! I will go back on August 16th for another check up as well as the standard gestational diabetes test (my office does a two hour test). I have to fast and then get a blood draw. They will then give me a super sugary drink to consume, wait an hour and draw blood. I'll wait one more hour for another blood draw. They will be able to tell how my body reacts to the sugar and whether or not I will need a special diet for the rest of the pregnancy. I have never had GD before, so hopefully I don't have it this time either!
I will update more after the appointment unless something changes before then. Until then, I'll be baking this baby girl!


Pixie is currently the size of a cantaloupe!






No comments:

Post a Comment