Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Still waiting

It has been a week since meeting the Intended Parents (IPs). We met via Skype on Tuesday and by Thursday we had received the "go ahead." This meant that they liked us and felt comfortable with us to move forward!This also meant that I was able to receive their email and phone number so that we could communicate directly and not through the agency.
I immediately texted the mom and let her know to text at anytime. We have since texted a few times over the week and it has been nice getting to know her. We have very similar personalities and we both have a love of Disney :)

The next step will be my medical screening. The coordinating nurse at the fertility clinic was out all last week and was suppose to return to work yesterday. I have been anxiously awaiting a phone call from them to set up my appointment. I am really hoping they can get me in before Christmas to start this process. The results of all the blood work and such will take a week or two to get back before we can move on the the next phase which is the least fun, Legal.
Luckily for us, we both live in Illinois and Illinois has great laws about surrogacy. (some other states make surrogacy more difficult) So this process should be pretty quick. There is a lot of legal stuff to think about when someone is carrying someone else's child for them. Anyway, we have been referred to a lawyer who is very familiar with surrogacy cases so it should be painless.
After legal is over, we will move on to the transfer phase. I should know more about this after my medical appointment!

Please pray that they can get me in before Christmas so that we can get this process started!

I'll update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment