Wednesday, November 23, 2016

An update...

It has been a long few weeks.

Shortly after being matched with the intended parents, my medical records were sent to their fertility clinic. A nurse at the clinic reviewed my records and wanted some more information from one of my physicians. The very same day (November 9th) I requested the records be sent to the agency. After many phone calls and some nagging, the agency received the last pieces they needed on Monday (November 21st). My full history was sent to the fertility clinic and today they finally replied back to me that I am "a good candidate".

One of the concerns is over a medication I am currently taking for acidity in my stomach. I am currently in the process of weaning off of this medications per my Gastro Doctor's advisement, but the fertility clinic highly suggest I not take it while pregnant. The medication is a class B drug for pregnancy. This means that the medication has been studied in rats and did not show anything too significant. However, it is unknown what it can do to humans (as you can't exactly run trials on pregnant women).

Anyway, the goal is to be off of the medicine before the pregnancy begins (I am currently taking it about once every 3 days).

Next step, will be a Skype call with the agency, Dan, me, and the intended parents. If we all feel we are a good fit, then we will proceed with the next steps which are a full medical work up by the fertility clinic and talking about a timeline!

Hoping to know more information early next week!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment